woensdag 9 januari 2013

2013 Des Moines, Iowa and National bike events

Hi friends! I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed the holiday season and are ready to tackle a new year! I have to admit, I am finding it a little difficult to get my mind right so far this year. No doubt, I am looking forward to Spring and going for a ride… but, I can’t help but wonder what the year will bring economically. We shall see!

Meanwhile, I was SO surprised to receive a beautiful white mesh HD jacket from my hubby for Christmas… can’t wait to take it for a two-wheeled spin!

In other news, I’ve begun compiling my annual calendar of area events (plus a few national rallies), so take a peek and let me know what’s missing. Remember, this is primarily a Des Moines-and-Iowa-focused list. While I can’t list every Bike Night, I would love to hear about any day- or weekend-long events that I may have missed.

Capital City Custom Bike Show & Swap Meet – February 16-17, Des Moines IA

Daytona Bike Week – March 8-17, Daytona Beach FL

Knoxville Bike Night – First Friday of the Month beginning in May through September

Hartford Bike Night – Second Friday of the Month, actual dates TBA

St. Charles Bike Night - Second Friday of the month, beginning in May

Thunder Nites in Newton - Second Friday of the month, May 10 thru September 13

Indianola Bike Night – Third Friday of the month, April 19 thru September 20, Indianola IA

Winterset Bike Night – Third Saturday of the month, actual dates TBA

ABATE/CMA Blessing of the Bikes – April date TBA

International Female Ride Day – Friday, May 3, worldwide!

Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally – May 31-June 2 at the Iowa Speedway, Newton IA

Gathering on the Grounds – Tuesdays throughout the summer (start date TBA)

Angels for Sam Ride – June 9, Des Moines IA

Mississippi River Motorcycle Rally – Dates TBA, Davenport IA

Iowa State HOG Rally – June 20-22, Clinton IA

J&P Cycles Open House – June 22-23, Anamosa IA

ABATE Iowa State Freedom Rally – July 4-6, Algona IA

Sturgis Rally – August 5-11, Sturgis SD

Iowa State Fair Motorcycle Day – August 18, Des Moines IA

Bikes Blues & BBQ – September 18-21, Fayetteville AR

Biketoberfest – October 17-20, Daytona Beach SD

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/BikerChickNews/~3/BI5Lf-aVcG0/

Andrea Bartolini Willy Bauer

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten